This event is a great opportunity for you and you’re children to either have some fun, work on their/your swimming skills and confidence, or show off some of the amazing swimming talents I know we have in the school community. It is also a chance to do some good in the local Brussels community and in the world at large.
Every year (for more than 30 years) Lions have organised this event to raise money for different charity’s here and abroad. This year they are raising money for:
- T’VOSJE: http://www.tvosje.be/tvosje_nl.htm
- LA CITÉ JOYEUSE: http://www.lacitejoyeuse.be
- LA MAISON DES PILIFS: https://www.fermenospilifs.be
How you can join in:
- You and your children, including those not attending BJAB, could form a team independently. Feel free to team up with other families you know in the school.
- Your children could create a team with their school friends (you can join this group also as a supporting swimmer if they/you so wish).
- You can let me know if you or your child(ren) are interested in participating and I can help to put smaller groups of people together.
- Once you have assembled your team please let me know the full names of each member by email.
Things to consider:
* The event is a relay, so you will swim the entire time. Having too many or too few people will result in them becoming too tired to complete the event or too cold standing on the edge of the pool waiting their turn.
* Please note the smaller children generally tend to be drawn away from the event to the warmer children’s pool just behind the main pool, so keep that in mind if you will be swimming with the little ones.
* the event goes for 1 hour. That is 1 hour swimming time. You will be required to be there 30 minutes minimum before the event starts. This will give you adequate time to find your way to the changing rooms and then the poolside for the start time.
* The event is being held on Sunday the 31 of March at Neder-Overhembeek swimming pool. We have the lanes booked from 11:00 – 12:00.
* Teams should consist of minimum 6 and max 10 people. Younger children or those who tire more easily should have at least 4 supporting adults who can continue swimming for the entire hour.
* For example:
– 4-6 adults and 4 younger children,
– 4-6 adults and 2 older children and 2 younger aged children,
– 2-4 adults and 2-4 older school children.
* It is a charity event so you and your children will be required to raise money for then event in the form of sponsorships. This information will be sent out directly to those interested at a later date.
* The deadline for expressions of interest and signing your already formed teams up to the event will be Monday 4th March.
Please note: There is no limit in place for swimming abilities (other than your child must be able to swim a 25m length independently). The event is opened to absolutely everyone and I will endeavour to do my best to support anyone willing to give it a go. Even if your child wants to come along and swim one or two laps for your team, they are more than welcome.
If you require any further information please feel free to browse the event webpage ( http://lionsheraldic.net/splash/ welcome-splash) and if you’re still unsure of how it all works just send me an email or pop into my classroom one morning and I will do my best answer any questions you have.
I look forward to seeing you there,